The Canadian YMCA Alumni is a network of former YMCA and YMCA-YWCA volunteers and staff who share a common thread of values and work. We are committed to assist each of us to age gracefully and in good health. We actively share information about Alumni and the YMCA; virtually convene Alumni in local groups and nationally; and fundraise to support underserved retired YMCA alumni globally.
Benefits of being a Member
- Staying in touch with Y colleagues, staff and volunteers, with whom we have worked.
- Opportunities to connect and learn in national Alumni virtual learning gatherings on interesting topics such as financial planning in retirement; end of life planning and regular updates on the YMCA, locally, nationally and internationally.
- Receive a bi-monthly issue of Tielines, the Alumni’s newsletter.
- Ageing gracefully by enhancing our longer term work relationships.
- Maintaining our connection with the YMCA world of retirees through the World Fellowship of YMCA Retirees (WFYR)
- An opportunity to contribute and assist Y retirees in other parts of the world through the Secours Speciaux program of the World Alliance of YMCAs.
How to Join
New members are always welcome! The Canadian YMCA Alumni Association is open to all former YMCA and YMCA-YWCA staff and volunteers, and their partners.
Complete the membership form and follow the instructions outlined in the document to submit your form.
Executive Vice President
Martha Lee Blickstead
Secour Speciaux Chair
World Federation of YMCA Retirees - Canadian Vice President
Appointee YGTA Alumni Hub
Appointee Moncton Y Alumni Hub
Learn more about the purpose and structure of the Canadian YMCA Alumni Association.
Nominate someone for one of our annual awards! Learn more about the three awards and nomination process.
This policy outlines how to stay active as a member of our organization.
Secours Speciaux is a program of the World Alliance of YMCAs aimed at providing support to Y retirees experiencing health and financial challenges. It is an initiative of retired Y leaders voluntarily reaching out to assist other retired Y colleagues in need.
The Canadian Y Alumni undertakes an annual campaign among its membership to contribute.
2022 President's Report
Franco Savoia is pleased to share this report on the activities of the Canadian YMCA Alumni Association throughout 2022.
Past Issues of Member Newsletters
Tielines is the official newsletter of the Canadian YMCA Alumni Association. Bridges is the official newsletter of the World Federation of YMCA Retirees.
The Canadian YMCA Alumni Association is a separate and distinct organization from YMCA Canada. YMCA Canada is not responsible for the content, operation or management of this group. Any inquiries related to the Canadian YMCA Alumni should be directed to their executive team.